This article apply to Outlook 2016 users
affected by the recent Microsoft bug revealed in October (version 1809, builds 10827 and higher
We have identified an issue with recents builds of Outlook 2016. If you are affected by it, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- You get the The name could not be matched to a name in the address list error
- Messages sent out from your Outlook get delivered to recipients as they would have been sent from ***@outlook.com address
Back up the registry first and be careful when making any changes to it as any incorrect action may result in the OS crash.
1. Open regedit
: to do so, click the Start
button and then in the Start Menu, either in the Run
box or in the Search
box, type regedit
and press Enter
2. Create the registry backup.Note:
you can skip this step, however, we highly recommend to back up the registry before you proceed to modifying its entries.
3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
4. Add a new DWORD
5. Give it a name of ExcludeExplicitO365Endpoint and value of 1.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open Outlook. Note:
You may be prompted once to enter the user's credentials.