A Host file will allow your local machine to browse the sites as if they were already repointed. I would recommend using a different browser or a private browsing window as content caching can give inaccurate results.
To perform a host file edit:
1. Press the Windows key.
2. Type Notepad in the search field.
3. In the search results, right-click Notepad and select Run as administrator.
4. From Notepad, open the following file: c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts.
5. Add the IP of the new server followed by a space and the domain name / subdomain
188.8.131.52 Â Â hostinguk.net
184.108.40.206 Â Â www.hostinguk.net
6. Click File > Save to save your changes.
You can then browse your site to test it. Once you have tested the site, remove the lines from your host file and save it.